October is coming to an end, and we all know what that means! No, it’s not quite the end of “pumpkin flavored everything” season. It’s Halloween time! We know October 31st is filled with candy, candy… and more candy – but it’s also a great opportunity to save on energy at your house. Consider these five tips this Halloween:
- Why keep your lights on during the scariest night of the year? Choose to turn off several lights in your house to maintain a spooky effect.
- However – most of us aren’t vampires, so we still need some light. For spaces you prefer to be brighter, light candles to illuminate those areas throughout your house.
- Halloween decorations are one of the many aspects we love about this holiday. When using lighting to decorate, try to choose ones that are LED. This ensures you’re being energy efficient which will help you save money (so you can buy more candy)!
- We know the sun frightens our goblin and ghost friends, but you can use it to your advantage when lighting your yard at night. Consider purchasing outdoor solar lights to help illuminate your walkway for the trick-or-treaters.
- Spirits are known to bring a chill in the air, so why keep your house overly warm this Halloween? Keep your front door open for trick-or-treaters and be sure to turn down your thermostat. This will prevent your house from unnecessarily kicking on the heat.
– From your friends at BlueRock Energy, we hope you have a safe, fun and energy efficient Halloween.